Sunday, June 9, 2013

Colette Crepe


I really enjoyed making this dress. Its really quite easy as their are no sleeves and a pattern which works well with those whose bra cups are more then size A or B. An issue in some other pattern companies that drives me bats. 


I drafted the skirt quite a bit longer. I don't like short swingy skirts. I think they look ridiculous on the hips, the same way I think tall tall heeled shoes make women mince in a ridiculous unattractive fashion. 


The fabric is 100% cotton from the Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic collection. I love the weight of it. Its more drapey and soft then regular broadcloth type cotton. 


Here you can see the way the skirt folds. I am very pleased with it. Of course I made it in one size too big. Grrr.. I do that lately. Having lost more then 40 lbs after the birth of my son, I cannot seem to reconcile my mind to my new size. 


The back is open and looks very feminine and soft. I lined the entire neckline with cotton crochet lace which I ordered from Dharma Trading Co.

Have mercy on my pictures. I had to heavily alter them. My photographers were my own beloved MrB, and my 8 yr old son. 
I highly recommend this pattern. Especially if you want a fool proof wrap dress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment